Friday, July 17, 2009

Top 5 on Friday: Week 231

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 Ways Music Has Made Your Life Better

1. Many a time music has kept my road rage from reaching the boiling point. No one wants to see me with road rage, believe me its not pretty. The world at large has Oingo Boingo to thank for that one. Many a time when I've been stuck in traffic, Insanity has kept me, well, SANE!

2. It has brought me joy in the form of new releases and concerts big, like Paul McCartney in the early 90s or the tiny Sarah Marince show @ Eat N' Park.

3. It has comforted me in times of distress and sorrow. I know it was unconventional but seeing the Nick Lowe concert the day after my gram passed away, took some of the grief away, even if it was only for a few hours.

4. It has given me inspiration. Back when I was really writing, and not just reviews music inspired the stories that I wrote. I wish I could be inspired like that again.

5. It has brought new friends in my life. I know several of my best friends now, I probably wouldn't have know if not for music.

0 comments: