Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Made A Fanmix!

I've never been one to do things like this before, but a good friend asked for one and I made it for her birthday. Its a David Tennant Fanmix!

1. Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn, Wish I Was Your Lover
Damn I wish I was your lover
I'll rock you till the daylight comes
Make sure you are smiling and warm
I have everything


Who hasn't looked at David Tennant and thought this?


2. Stephanie Carache - Mr. Player

Mr. Player Mr. Player Mr.player
Only trying to make you change
Mr. Player Mr. Player Mr.player
Ima make you a one woman kind of Man


Cos we all know that David has had more girlfriends than any man deserves.

3. Robert Plant - Tall Cool One

You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please


I think the description suits Mr. Tennant to a tee

4. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) Comic Relief Version

When I wake up, well I know i'm gonna be,
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next you
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you
If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver up, Yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you



Firstly you have to see the pure joy on David's face here even though he didn't get to meet them until both he and The Proclaimers appeared on Graham Norton. The Proclaimers are David's favorite band.

5. The Fratellis - Mistress Mabel

Mistress Mabel, won’t you marry me?
I’m unable to take it seriously
I’ll be good, and you’ll be a minute
I wish you would, or I’ll drop you in it.
Oh dear Mabel wont you marry me?


Another one of Davids bands, plus he sports a Fratellis shirt all the time. See here

6. Cliff Richard - Never Say Die
Try hard
don't stop. Got to
keep on giving it all
you got.
Never give up
never give up
never say die.


David hates Cliff and he's vocal about it. I picked this particular song because I felt it summed up how The Doctor's mind works.

7. The Moody Blues - Deep

Like the footprints
Disappearing from the sand
I try to catch the thought
It slips right through my hand
And as the darkness
Throws it's cloak upon the ground
I start to run to you
I've got to take you down
I want to go deep


This is the Casanova song...yeah..definitely suits that film...

8. Harry And The Potters - Song For The Death Eaters

We aren’t scared of your masks or your cloaks
‘Cause we are wizards and are hearts are filled with hope
With curses flying around, we’ll stand firm and hold our ground
Our friends, they will fight with us ‘till you say bitter end but we say better and

You have no friends


Cos David is Barty Crouch Jr....a DEATH EATER!!!


9. Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.


The obvious choice for Blackpool. Anyone that saw the opening scene with Peter Carlisle and the ice cream cone will understand completely

10. The Thompson Twins - Doctor! Doctor


I saw you there, just standing there
And I thought I was only dreaming yeah
I kissed you then, then once again
You said you would come and dance with me
Dance with me across the sea
And we could feel the motion of a thousand dreams


What a perfect song for Tennant's Doctor don't you think?

11. Seal - A Kiss From A Rose

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen


I hate to say it because I hate Rose Tyler, but this is the perfect song

12. The Beatles - Martha My Dear
Martha my dear though I spend my days in conversation
Please
Remember me Martha my love
Don't forget me Martha my dear


I know I know its about a dog..but it also suits Martha and just a little bit of the way 10 treated her at the beginning.

13. David Bowie - Hallo Spaceboy

(Hallo) Spaceboy, you're sleepy now
Your silhouette is so stationary
You're released but your custody calls
And I want to be free


Donna called him Spaceman..but I think Hallo Spaceboy fits for her.

14.Dubstar - Stars


But as the stars are going out,
And this stage is full of nothing,
And the friends have all but gone,
For my life, my God, I'm singing.


Astrids song...and an apropos song since Ten's song is ending...

15. Sarah Brightman - Who Wants To Live Forever
There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams
Yet slips away from us?

Who wants to live forever?


This can only be the song for the "just can't die" Captain Jack Harkness

16. The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way

Don't leave me this way
I can't survive, can't stay alive
Without your love, oh baby
Don't leave me this way, no
I can't exist, I'll surely miss your tender kiss
Don't leave me this way


A fangirls response to Tennant's departure from Doctor Who!!

0 comments: