Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cats and Collars

Having many cats in my life, I've learned a thing or two about them and collars over the years. The primary thing is "Cats don't like collars." If they have a collar, make sure that it stays on, because in 99.9% of the cases, if that collar comes off, they will never let you put it back on.

I've learned this through experience, even though I do have one cat that falls in the .1% of cats.

Every cat we owned started out with a collar and the collars stayed on for quite a while on each one of them, but when they managed to rid themselves of the offended piece of kitty clothing, it would never go back on. Well it would, but they just weren't having any of it. Anytime we tried to put it back on we were scratched or bitten.

Except Bootsie. But if you know anything about my big gray cat Bootsie, you will know that she's a little bit weird, which is probably why she has her collar back on now and I still have my limbs and most of my blood.

0 comments: