Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tuesday Tunes: Week 71

From Music Memoirs

New Releases

Do you preorder new music or do you wait and buy it at a store on its release day. It depends on how badly I want the release or if there's something special going on with the purchase. Sometimes I will just wait until its out, but if its a favorite band, its preordered. Most of the time now I won't run out on its release day to buy it, unless I know it will be at Walmart, because I'm just not up for drives to the mall etc on Tuesdays anymore.

What's your most anticipated release this year?
Right now, its Depeche Mode - Sounds Of The Universe




Have you ever been so excited about a new release only to have it disappoint you? If so what was it?
Hell yes, and it was Duran Duran's Medazzaland. The album only had about 3 good songs on it and those two were singles that I had prior to the albums release. It wasn't hardly worth it buying it. BTW..don't buy Red Carpet Massacre either. It sucked to high heaven. I bought it knowing this, but I'm a die hard fan that must have everything, much to my chagrin.




Have you ever expected the worst of a new release and then were pleasantly surprised when the album was better than expected?
Yes, The Moody Blues - December was one that made me quake in my boots when I heard about it. I wasn't a fan of Christmas/Holiday music until that album. Its the best one of its kind. Everyone should own it!

0 comments: