Friday, March 13, 2009

Top 5 On Friday: Week 214

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 artists that should never have tried acting.

Madonna: Uh lady, the only films you were reasonably good in were ones where you played a trampy character, meaning you weren't acting. Granted you were good in Evita, Who's The Girl and A League Of Their Own but for the most part, you suck at acting and should be stopped.

Ringo Starr: He was at least wise enough to stop. The world prefers him as the quirky fun-loving Beatle, not a B-actor. I mean as much as I loved Caveman, that wasn't really something anyone would want to be remembered for.

Taylor Swift: Make her stop before she takes over the world!!!!

Queen Latifah: Though I make an exception for her. She can act when she's given good roles like those she played in Secret Lives Of Bees, Chicago and Hairspray. Anything else, no way. Which means...maybe she shouldn't be on this list at all. Yay!

Elvis Costello - Man can't act and he can't host his own talk show. Stop him before his head swells anymore, PUHLEEESE!

Oh and since I'm striking Queen Latifah from the list. I'll forgive her the bad comedies...I'll add Cher to mine. Her movies are awful. Variety shows she can do...but movies....ICK!

Oh and a PS to the people that complained about the topic. Do the math. The Top 5 has been running for 214 weeks, by me. I come up with the topics for this..and the Tuesday Tunes. If you don't like the topic on any given week, I'm not twisting your arm to play. Its pretty damn nasty to insult the meme mistress and she's not in the least bit happy.

0 comments: