Saturday, March 28, 2009

Trying To Be Productive

Why do I try on weekends? Its inevitable that the lazy bug will bite me. I'm terribly bad at fighting the lazy bug when he comes. He's a big nasty ugly bug with sharp teeth that paralyzes me with fear every time so he takes a big chunk out of me and forces me to do nothing.

Yup! That's the lazy bug for you.

He bit me this morning.

That means I did accomplish a few things last night. (Like well into the wee hours of the morning)

I did two more reviews, these for Ariel over on Mossip.

Who did I review?

Movin' Melvin Brown who is old school R & B of the finest caliber. Check out the review here.

And then there was Spy For Hire, a bit of an 80s sounding band from GA. I really dig them as well, check out my review here.

Again, I can't stress the importance of giving support to local artists trying to make it or those indie bands you hear on Myspace and the like. There is good music out there. Loads of it. Most of these artists I've been discovering are so much better than what's in the mainstream.

I think I have one more review to do, and I hope to get it done this weekend, because I'd like to do a random review or two in the coming days. I'd also like to start working on some short stories again. Its been a long time. Nearly 2 years, since I tried my hand at creating a character or letting someone from real life try to become fictional. Well this week I asked my LJ friends to give me a song or two that I could turn into a story.

I had two suggestions:

Peter Noone's Absent Minded Heart

and

Elvis Costello's Just About Glad.

I'm going to do both over a period of time. If there's interest at some point I may share my scribblings with the world. That's the only productivity I hope to accomplish today.

0 comments: