Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Winter's Rant

For as advanced as we are in some things...I marvel at how lagging we are in others.

It is freaking cold outside.

My car's windshields front and back are totally frosted.

I turn on the defrost.

10 minutes later..the rear window is clear...the front, which is really the most important of the two...Still frozen.

WTF!

So Detroit...why can't you come up with something that will allow the front windshield to defrost quickly? There has to be a way. You can turn cars into big ole computers that will do everything but drive themselves to the destination of choice, but you can't unfreeze a windshield in 10 minutes?

C'mon boys..You can do it! I have faith!

2 comments:

Mike said...

If you're in a hurry, take a bottle of windshield washer fluid and slowly pour it along the top edge of your windshied. It should eat under the ice and make it easier to scrape off.

rashbre said...

I sometimes wonder the same thing - although I once had a Ford that had some kind of front windscreen heater.

I usually have to switch the car on 5 minutes before I need it in the Winter to let it get warm.