Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post Christmas Burnout

I was manic before the holiday. I was on a baking binge. I got stuff done. I was on Cloud 9.

Christmas came and went and was overall uneventful.

Now I feel very blegh.

Not depressed, because things went well as far as people staying healthy and no one arguing etc..but blech because I did all that work and the 24 hours came and went and I felt like it was all for nothing.

And ever since Christmas I can't shake the tired feeling I have. It is like all the work I did last week has caught up with me and now I'm spiraling downward.

That kind of sucks too.

I'm hoping that New Year's is a more stress free or at least relaxing holiday. I just want to eat appetizers and drink lots of good booze and then sleep.

What about you?

3 comments:

Mike said...

Now's the time to start throwing junk away. When you don't feel too attached to it. I've been filled up trash cans like mad.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I don't really get the burn out because my Christmas lasts until Twelfth Night/Epiphany. I used to get really sad at the end of the day on Christmas, but since I became such a Christmas fanatic, things have improved. Now I don't worry so much about cramming in the Christmas reading and movie watching before Christmas because I know I can watch after. Lets me focus on doing the kids' Christmas and the baking before the day without feeling like I'm missing out on something. Make sense?

I'm sorry you have the blahs. Hopefully, you will get to do what you want on new year's eve. Ours is going to be a bummer because my husband's aunt died yesterday and we have a funeral on Saturday. So sad. She was only 50...had a brain aneurysm and lost all brain function. Such a terrible time of year for this to happen and she was a wonderful person. Maybe we can still salvage some kind of celebration later that night. We usually just stay home and play games and watch movies, but we still drink some too. ;O)

Happy New Year to you! Have fun and be safe!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I've been out of kilter since just before Christmas and I've spent most of this past week in bed... So I'm hoping for a better start to 2012!

All the best for the new year! :)