Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Beginning To Smell A Lot Like Christmas!

Tonight I made the dough for the kolachy cookies. My house is filled with that wonderful smell of yeast. Mmmmm.

Tomorrow, I'll roll the cookies and bake.

Wednesday, I'll make the coconut cookies.

Thursday I'll do the cream cheese dough cookies and make some Pochettes and the Apricot Hanukkah cookies. Hey! Any cookie is good! I don't care what holiday it is.

Friday night is the night for the butterscotch haystack cookies.

Can you just feel your hips expanding? I know I can feel mine!

I absolutely love the smell of cookies baking. The kolachy cookies are my favorite because they use cake yeast. I know it is absolutely crazy but the smell of the yeast is so comforting. It makes me feel like all is well in the world, or at least in my kitchen.

0 comments: