Friday, May 08, 2009

Top 5 On Friday; Week 221

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 songs that your mother likes

1. Elaine Paige - Memory
My mother has always loved this one. It took ages to discover who was singing this back in the 80s when it came out.

2. Master Of The House from Les Mis
Mom and Dad love this musical and this one of the highlights of the show. Such a fun song. I love that the singer uses a cockney accent even though this musical takes place in...erm...FRANCE!

3. Michael Ball - When A Child Is Born - This version have Claire Moore (from Phantom) singing with him.

One of the most beautiful Christmas songs ever.

4. Edwyn Collins - North Of Heaven
This was never a released single but it was one that I played a lot in my car back in those days when mom got out more. Edwyn's lyrics were about moving North of Heaven because he was tired of living south of Hell. Great song.

5. The Proclaimers - I'm On My Way
My mom shares this with the 10th doctor, she likes The Proclaimers. But how can you not love these Scottish twins?

0 comments: