Friday, April 29, 2005

Top Five On Friday

This post could almost be titled, a post without any mention of the Moody Blues. OK, no I lie, because I could mention at least one member of the band in this post, but I'm not going to! Variety is the spice of life, and I'm sure everyone is heartily sick of hearing about The Moody Blues and looking at them, so therefore, it's MEME time!

This meme is brought to you by "ME!" and the rest of the gals at Music Memoirs

Top five songs with "Angels" in the title:

1. Elvis Costello - (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes: Absolutely one of Elvis' most fun songs. I adore this one, even though I don't listen to it as often as I'd like.

2. Duran Duran - Like An Angel: The B-side to the My Own Way single, this is probably the guys best b-side.

3. Erasure - Angel: One of the million songs simply titled Angel, but when it's done by these two guys, it's special.

4. The Story - The Angel In The House: Jonatha Brooke and Co. kick butt. This is just a really beautiful song.

5. ABBA - Angel Eyes: Shut up! I like ABBA!

There you go. I could have added the songs The Angels Cry by Annie Haslam or Agnetha Faltskog from ABBA, that feature Justin Hayward....or even Nana Mouskouri's Morning Angel, which also features Justin Hayward, but I didn't.

0 comments: