Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday...erm Monday Madness

I haven't done this meme in a long time, and since I really need something to break the monotony of posts about the death of Pope John Paul and my emotional roller coaster, I've decided to just have a bit of fun.

Where you live...

1. ...did you have to turn your clocks forward one hour this weekend?
Yes, and maybe by next Sunday I'll have all the clocks and watches in my house telling the same time.
2. ...what is the price of gasoline?
Right around $2.19. Pretty soon we'll have to take out loans to buy a tank of gas.
3. ...which natural disasters, if any, do you have to worry about?
I don't worry about them. Where I live, flooding is about the only natural disaster that can occur and since I live on a hill, I don't have to worry about that, so no point.
4. ...do you have a local newspaper, and if so, do you subscribe to it?
We subscribe to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and my grandmother subscribes to the Valley Independent the more local crap newspaper.
5. ...do you subscribe to a local cable company for television viewing?
Comcast Digital Cable, thank you very much. Have I mentioned I don't watch much tv? I hate tv.
6. ...what is the speed limit on your road/street?
15-25 on local roads on the highways 55-65 depending on where the highway is located.
7. ...how far do you have to drive to the nearest post office?
About 5 blocks and down a big hill. Our post office is on 6th and McKean Ave. I think. Sad isn't it. I know where it is, but I don't think of the address etc.
8. ...what is the average temperature in April?
Mid-50's is about right. Though someone got things mixed up today. We had a few inches of snow on the ground and it was in the 30s this morning with some blustery winds. Yuck!
9. ...what is the average temperature in December?
Mid to low 30's. We don't see a lot of snow in December either. Most of our snow happens in Jan or February. I can't remember when we last saw a white Christmas.
10. ...are your four seasons drastically different from one another?
4? We have 4? I swear anymore it's Summer or Winter with nothing in between. Or perhaps we should go by these seasons.

Winter (fall)
Still Winter (Winter)
Damn it's Still Winter (Spring)
Summer

0 comments: