Sunday, April 17, 2005

Angelic Voices

Ever hear someone sing and feel like you were transported to a cloud somewhere?

Just me?

I don't think so.

These are voices I can hear all the time and feel good and at peace.

1. Justin Hayward and John Lodge - The Moody Blues: Something about this guys. The music is so bittersweet for the most part. There's something gentle in the way these guys sing. I can't imagine Emily, Kristian or Doremi ever having a rough time sleeping. Dad would just have to sing a lullaby...and Zzzzz.

2. Michael Crawford: Music of the Night alone should attest to this man's vocal abilities. He did an album of Christain/Religious music not very long ago and that was enough to know that his voice was a gift from God or the Gods...or whatever higher power you might believe in. When he sings just about anything I shiver.

3. Jennifer Nobel - Grey Eye Glances: The first time I heard the song Snow, I knew I was in love with this band. I can't begin to describe how beautiful her voice is. She's not like so many of the other female vocalists out there ie. she doesn't squeak, but she still has a soft feminine voice.

4. Annie Haslam: The first song I ever heard her sing was The Angels Cry which was written by Justin Hayward. She's another woman with a fabulous voice, one I believe is very suited for Broadway.

Now, if you don't mind, I think I need to listen to a few of these angels...because I'm tired and in need for something soothing. But if you feel like it...why not let me know which artists you think have angelic voices.

0 comments: