Friday, April 29, 2005

I don't want to hear it

Remind me not to read things about my favorite bands. I got caught up in a thread about Ray Thomas leaving the Moody Blues and it did nothing but upset me.

I don't wish to think badly of any members of the band, and yet I read all sorts of nasty stuff about Justin Hayward, which made me very sad and angry at the same time.

I can't really imagine any fan really wanting to believe it. I want to believe that health reasons were what caused Ray Thomas to leave the band. Surely Ray knows that the fans love him regardless of how many songs he got to perform in concert.

I know, I for one, wish I had seen the band in concert when he was still touring with them. For My Lady is one of my favorite Moody Blues songs. I love his voice and his flute playing is incomparable.

I hate hate hate reading things like this. It's not anything I need to know. I don't want to read that Justin Hayward is a rat bastard. Perhaps a bit egotisical, but I don't want to think he's the Moody Blue Meanie that we dubbed him, after a certain event last August.

That thread really just spoiled my day. Can't I just think of the band as 3 guys that play music that brings joy to my life? Do I have to know about the band politics?

No, I don't.

But I thought I was going to be reading an update on Ray's health and not some fans slamming the rest of the guys in the band for trying to force Ray out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~Hugs Ray~

Even if Justin really is a Moody Blue Meanie...I still love ya. (and Justin)

0 comments: