Monday, April 04, 2005

Insane Purchase

Yesterday I went to Pittsburgh. For the most part the day was cold, dreary and the wind could blow you from Oakland back to Charleroi on Mon, or at least it felt like it, but that didn't stop us from going to Phipps Conservatory for the Grand Opening of the new welcome center.

That was insanity at its best. Since it was so miserable out that morning, everyone in Pittsburgh came out for the flower show.

But that's beside the point. We went to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe yesterday.

Yes, our crap city of Pittsburgh has a Hard Rock. Can you believe it?

Now, as usual, I have to buy something when I'm there. I don't know why. There's nothing exciting about a Hard Rock shirt when it says "Pittsburgh" on it and Pittsburgh is only 25 miles away from your home.

PAH!

It should say Atlantic City, but I'm not going there. That's another rant altogether.

Anyway, this is the Hard Rock Pittsburgh


The Hard Rock Pittsburgh Posted by Hello


The main entrance to the Hard Rock Cafe Posted by Hello

I have both of these pictures on my photoblog too.

But back to the insane purchase at hand. They had a special in the shop. If you bought 2 t-shirt you could get a shot glass or luggage tag for free.

Yay!

Free shot glass!

So yeah, I knew I was buying something.

My dad's b-day was Saturday, so I picked up a black t-shirt for him. Then I went searching for one for me. Well I found one. It was the cutest little baby doll pink shirt.

$22.99!

For crying out loud!

I felt like I was at a concert! Only I don't get Post-Restaurant Depression. OK, I do when I get on the scale, but again, that's another rant all together.

Twenty Two ninety-nine for a t-shirt that says Hard Rock! And I, fool that I am, bought it, so I could get my shot glass.

It must have been the sight of the sun that completely sapped all my mental powers and allowed me to spend that much on a t-shirt I'll only wear a handful of times.

Thank god I get a discount there with my Triple A membership.

0 comments: