Friday, April 01, 2005

Top Five On Friday

It's time to do my Music Memoirs meme.

Top Five Sunshine Songs (Songs with "Sun" in the title)

Now before I start my list there are two songs by the Beatles I'm going to give recognition to, because they are favorites of mine, but I'm not including them on the list, because everyone is going to have them on theirs.

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun and I'll Follow The Sun.

Beautiful songs, both of them, and if you haven't heard them, shout out to me and I'll make sure you do.

Now for my Top 5.

1. Duran Duran - The Sun Doesn't Shine Forever: From the album Pop Trash that most of the world didn't hear. This is my favorite song from that album. A gorgeous ballad by Mr. Le Bon, well worth hearing.


2. The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun: This song is a classic, nuff said.

3. Erasure - Run To The Sun: This one is from the album I Say, I Say, I Say. It's a very bouncy peppy song. It makes me want to get up and move everytime I hear it.

4. Paul McCartney/The Beatles - Good Day Sunshine: This is the version Paul re-recorded for the film Give My Regards To Broad Street.

5. Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun: A very melancholy song, but timeless.

These songs should last a week. The two on my Ripway account can be up longer depending on how many downloads it gets. If you have any problems and want a song and a link doesn't work, email me..I'll share.

0 comments: