Friday, January 07, 2011

Top 5 On Friday



Top 5 songs that should never be covered....or should never be covered again!


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps: I heard a woman screeching this song in a store the other day, and it pained me. This song belongs to George Harrison. He is dead. Leave it alone. His was the only voice meant to sing it. Nuff said.

2. Umbrella: This song was covered so much I forgot who even did it originally.

3. Beyonce - Single Ladies: Covers, spoofs...must stop...and NOW!

4. Most Elvis Costello songs, with a fewexceptions. If Nick Lowe wants to cover EC's music, he's allowed. So can Sir Paul...and Mrs. Costello and Alison Moyet...everyone else...NO!!

5. Duran Duran....all of them...don't cover DD. It doesn't work...

I would add not to cover The Moody Blues either but I get a lot of giggles from people covering Nights In White Satin....

1 comments:

rashbre said...

The best covers of Elvis Costello are done by...Elvis Costello. Some of his Live performances of his own songs are amazing and quite different from the original albums.