Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tick Tock

Today I felt the first tickings of my biological clock.

I've never thought of children. I think I would be a terrible mother, but today I felt a kind of loneliness I'm not used to. Then I heard the country song Raymond on the radio and it touched something in me.

The thought of being old and alone is terrifying.

I don't have a boyfriend...haven't in more time than I care to talk about, and no one is on the horizon either.

I guess I was feeling a longing for something I don't have and something I probably won't have. Let's face it, this girl isn't all that lovable.

But all that aside, I felt an odd stirring for a child and I don't know why.

I think I need to go play with my cats, or drink a beer, to get rid of these addled thoughts.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Lots of beer.

Anonymous said...

Andrea - a child is not a guarantee of not being alone. My husband and I are childless by choice and have never looked back. You are not unlovable - stop thinking like that!! It's up to you to make a good life for yourself. Stay positive - you're funny, interesting and smart - use your good qualities to carve out a happy life!

OK - off my psycho-babble podium....

Bilbo said...

"this girl isn't all that lovable?"

Let your friends be the judge of that!