Monday, January 03, 2011

Operation Organization Starts Now

I think I've mentioned that I want to be better organized in 2011. That means clearing up some of the junk that's in my house and sorting through the stuff that I want to keep and get it situated.

HA!

This could get ugly.

You have no idea how many CDs I've accumulated in the last few years, just for writing reviews.

Some of them I have no idea what to do with.

I have some children's CDs but I don't know of any kids that listen to "kids music." Most of the half pints in my life listen to regular music, much to my chagrin.

Not to mention some of the other discs of regular music I've received, some good, some great...some...well...you know where that's going.

I need to get some of the clutter out of my life. There's just way too much of it. 

Right after the holiday I took 4 garbage bags of old clothes to Goodwill, and I can probably stand to take some more soon.

~sigh~

Getting organized is no fun at all.

4 comments:

yellojkt said...

Getting organized is one of my resolutions. I just ordered a bookcase that can hold over 2000 CDs. I don't have that many, but I have a lot of DVDs and it might even be able to hold paperbacks as well.

Bilbo said...

Those old CDs make handy coasters. You can also get some dowels of the right diameter and use them to build spiffy structures, or throw them like frisbees for your cats to chase. Of course, you could just rip all the music you want to your mp3 collection and give all the CDs to your local library (if they want them). Good luck.

Mike said...

Not to discourage you but the part of this post that makes the most sense is the "HA!".

Deirdre said...

I love getting organized! It's overwhelming whilst it's happening but once I'm done, I feel like I can actually breathe better. :) Good luck!!

Ps. Long time no chat. How ya been?