Sunday, October 20, 2002

And Episode of Elvis...aka Mr. Costello and Me...

Ok..cos this is my blog..and my blog should be all about me....I'm devoting these few words well more than a few words..to My Episode of Elvis...Which also means I can die happy now...

Yes kidlets..when I say that..I mean..I, Andrea Guy..did in fact...meet...receive a hug and kiss by the one and only Elvis Costello..and got my picture taken with the man...I'm happy to report..both Mr. Costello and myself are still alive .....and not to detract from the evening...my internet friend...Brighid..who was also at the concert...also got a hug from him!! So needless to say..there was enough...joy being had in Pittsburgh last night

But enough of my gloating...cos yes that's what I'm doing...Gloating....as payback for everyone else...that has made my life miserable with their tales of how they met...Greg...Elvis..whoever...

Let me tell you about the concert...cos it was incredible...the man has more energy than anyone..He did 2 encores...and closed with an orgasmic version of I Want You...which had me squealing at the top of my lungs..

I can't remember the exact order of the tracks..but here's a play by play...of the songs you can expect to hear on this leg of the tour.

Deep Dark Truthful Mirror/You Really Got A Hold On Me
Tart
Soul for Hire
Spooky Girlfriend
15 Petals
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down
Indoor Fireworks
Allison
No Action
Mystery Man
Pump it Up
I Want You
Party Girl
45
Girls Talk
Uncomplicated
The Judgement
Man Out of Time
I Don't Want to Go To Chelsea
Radio Radio
Tear off your Head (It's a Doll Revolution)

I know I'm missing a few..but that's the general gist of it...I have this to say to you...If you have the chance to see this man in concert..

GO!! Go as many times as you can...He's the most fantastic performer...He's also a very nice fellow..also buy a copy of the tour cd Cruel Smile..cos it's just great...full of Live versions etc...well worth the money...

I figure I'll be up all night..cos I can't believe I met him!! Cos shit like this doesn't happen to me...At least when it comes to meeting someone...I truely admire...and mr. costello is one of those people...

Spins about and dances happily....

Oh...let me tell you about what he had on..cos he looked so cute....

As always..he had on a hat...black..and can you believe it..a cute one..Black coat and shirt..with a black and white scarfy..and black jeans...Trademark stubble as well..and it tickles when he kisses you... (ooops still gloating...)

All in all ..it was truely one of the most fantastic nights of my life..It will take something of great magnatude to surpass this...I'm not sure if my Pookie Pie Proopsy could surpass this...but Geeze...I'm so goddamn happy right now...I can just well...

Burst into song..