Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let Me Tell You About My Day

Mom was set for discharge at 5:30 today. That way I wouldn't have any issues with work. I could work a full day. As I'm driving to work the social worker calls to tell me that they need the bed and could she come home early.

So much for working a full day today!

Mom still isn't strong and her meds have all been rearranged. This does not make me a happy camper. Doing her pills from now on is going to be stressful. Plus I have to schedule a doctor's appointment for her in 10 days. ARGH!

Then at some point my cell phone's charger port dies, therefore making my smartphone useless. I headed to Verizon only to be told there was nothing they could do. Thank god I still had my old LG enV, so  I have a phone, but all my apps and photos are gone because the USB connector died. Tomorrow I swear I'm going to drop that phone out of the window so it shatters into a million pieces on the pavement.

On a happy note, I got the new Zac Brown Band CD and a wonderful iced coffee at Starbucks. It really is the little things in life that make me happy.

Oh and I read a really great historical novel about Princess Louise of England, The Wild Princess. If that is your thing, this is definitely a great read. Good historical detail mixed with fiction.

0 comments: