Saturday, July 14, 2012

Baked Ziti Today

A friend of mine bought me a cookbook for my birthday, knowing how I love cooking. I was excited to find a recipe for Baked Ziti in it.

Needless to say that is the first recipe I made from the book.

Why?

Ziti is a food that always brings me happy memories. When we used to go on vacation, I'd always get baked ziti at the Sbarro's on the PA turnpike, either near Lancaster or Bedford. This was before Sbarro's were in our malls, so it was a once a year kind of thing, It was special.

Baked Ziti is one of my favorite pasta dishes, and the recipe I found in the new cookbook was very similar to the one I ate at Sbarro's. That makes me a very happy girl.

It is a shame that food seems to be the thing that brings me the most joy these days, but hey,  you take your joy any way that you can get it! If my joy comes from cooking and eating good food, so be it.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll share it.

1 comments:

rashbre said...

I wasn't sure what Ziti was, I had to look it up!

I'm guessing its quite like the penne pasta we get over here - which is quite yummy.

And I've had that kind of pasta in Sbarro in the US too, but I didn't realise it was probably called Ziti.

Sounds as if you've got an excellent birthday present there!