Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Want A New Drug

OK, I don't, but the doc wants my dad to try something new for his COPD.

Daliresp is supposed to help keep COPD exacerbations at bay. It is a new drug on the market, and because of that I'm wary.

Why?

It's new, so it isn't really tested well. How many newish drugs do you see pulled from the market in the first 5 - 10 years? Lots! Some even after 20!!

The side effects though mild, diarrhea and weight loss aren't too bad, but for a man who struggles to keep weight on...and had issues with the other as a result of a colon tumor...well you know I'm just not sure.

Of course we want to keep these exacerbations from happening, because my dad never has mild ones...he has severe ones.

What to do...what to do...what to do.

1 comments:

Mike said...

Some of these new drugs are turning out to be not as good as the old ones. Just more expensive.