Monday, January 09, 2012

Book Ramblings

I'm really trying to get into Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth, but I can't do it. I keep looking at my massive "to be read" pile and I feel guilty that I'm wasting my time with this book.

Because I have a hard time abandoning books to the "did not finish" pile.

The problem is, I just can't pick up the book. It fills me with dread, kinda like Moby Dick did when I was in high school.

I've put Jodi Picoult on my list of authors I will never ever read again, no matter how highly recommended and acclaimed the book is. I'm done with her. If I finish this book, I deserve a prize. (Or at least a pat on the back)

To further illustrate how much this book annoys me...I would rather be reading one of the Twilight novels than this...

Have you ever had a book you didn't want to finish this much or is it just me?

1 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Her characters are always interresting. I must say that I've liked most of the ones I've read.