Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Burned Out

I've had two music reviews due this week and it has been like pulling teeth to get them written. I have another one that I'd like to finish over the weekend if I can stomach it.

My most recent review album is an instrumental piano album.

It is beautiful music, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 600 words to describe it.

I think I've mentioned many times over that this job has really ruined my love of music?

I really wish I could have some time to sit and just listen to music I enjoy, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore and that makes me sad.

Something that I've always enjoyed, has now become a chore.

I think it may be time to give up the extra $500 a year and take back my love of music.

1 comments:

Mike said...

The music scene sucks. My son got into a three man group as a fourth guitar player. He practiced with them, played a few gigs with them, and went into the recording studio with them to do some of their new songs. The money he would have gotten for the gigs went into the recording studio.

Now the group has decided they want to go back to three guys.