Monday, January 16, 2012

Dad and Grandpap Guy

This is a photo my brother found on Ancestry.com.

That's my dad and my grandpap back in the day...Like way back in the day!

He found a lot out about my dad's family that we didn't know...like our ancestors came from Ireland and our name was originally Gaw.

OK..anyone know how that is pronounced? And I wonder how Guy came from that.

All I know is it must be nice to be able to afford to be a member of that site! $23 a month!

Yikes!

To learn stuff that even our parents parents didn't know or care to share with us!

2 comments:

Mike said...

$23 a month? Sounds like a 10 person group would fix that.

moodyblue2 said...

It's cheaper for an annual subscription if you know that you're going to use it very frquently.

As for the way Gaw would be pronounced..........with an Irish accent it would sound very much like Guy!