Monday, January 23, 2012

I Don't Wanna Go

My dad has an appointment with his primary care physician tomorrow. If he hadn't been in the hospital over the weekend I'd cancel this appointment.

I hate taking him to a general practitioner during cold/flu season.

I don't need him getting an infection from someone in the office and have him land back in the hospital again. It's getting expensive.

Until we can get the subscription for the ambulance, each trip to Mon Valley Hospital is $25 and any stay that is just for observation or if they send him home from the ER is $50.00. After a hospital stay they want you to follow up with your primary care and that's another $10.00 copay.

It is fucking nuts!

I'd go on about how broken our health care system is but I already sound like a broken record.

0 comments: