Friday, September 17, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 recent musical discoveries

~ This can be bands, songs, albums a mixture of all of them

You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.


Here are five awesome artists I discovered through my work with Review You and Aerial Publicity:

Annie Fitzgerald  : Singer/Songwriter Annie Fitzgerald combines tender lyrics akin to Shawn Colvin, a timeless sound like that of Ray Lamontagne, a soulfulness kindred to Patty Griffin, and a quiet intensity similar to Damien Rice, then stirs the pot into a sound that’s all her own.

Davy Mooney : ~ Davy's music is a bit jazz with folk. Really gorgeous chillout stuff.

Maree McRae I've described her in one of my reviews as a touch of Joni Mitchell and a smidge of Dar Williams.

Leyla Fences OMG this is awesome new country! She has a twang and a sense of humor!

Wendy Waller: This lady's voice is like buddah! Diana Krall may have some competition in Wendy!

3 comments:

Mike said...

It's Friday night. You made it.

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoy my music!
Davy Mooney

AnnieFitzgeraldMusic said...

Thanks so much for including me in your top 5 on Friday! I appreciate the support so much. Thanks for all that you do for Indie Artists. It's almost Friday! ;-)
xo,
Annie