Monday, September 13, 2010

Frustrations

I've got a whole lot of frustrations in my life right now, and I think that's why I've not been posting many "real" posts lately.

I'm trying to get things situated for the holidays. I know, ALL READY?

Yeah.

We're going to scale back this year, and that's fine with me, but I want to have a game plan going into the season, so that we don't screw up and over spend and then feel guilty about it later on.

The problem is from Oct - December I have so many friends and family members with birthdays that everything is a huge expense. My mom, sister and brother all have birthdays, my other mother (a good friend that I've adopted as a bonus mother), and my two best friends have birthdays in these months, actually those friends have birthdays 4 days between each other..and other mother and sister have one day between them!

ARGH!

I need a financial planner to deal with all of this.

This holiday I want a pretty tree, some good music and books and some good food and I will be happy as a clam!

Now to figure out how to do that without going INSANE...or getting committed, or BOTH!

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

Perhaps you could get with your friends and come to an agreement that you won't exchange gifts with each other any more...that might help a bit. And you don't have to get me anything for my birthday in November. Just send an autographed picture or something.

Mike said...

"situated for the holidays"

Holloween's the big one coming up, right? CANDY!!!!!