Friday, September 03, 2010

Top 5 On Friday




Top 5 albums you'd recommend to a friend


Space CampYou guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Loomis and the Lust - Space Camp

I reviewed this EP for Mossip a few weeks back and it is really great, especially if you are a fan of 80s music. All the tracks on this one are good. That's rare these days.  It is definitely worth the $5.00 to download it from Amazon or iTunes.


Harmony2. Gordon Lightfoot - Harmony

This is probably the last album of new material we'll see from Gordon. From what I've heard at concerts, he's mostly concentrating on touring.

He told me that this album was thrown together really quickly but if you give it a listen, you'd never guess. One of my favorite Lightfoot tunes is on this album and that's Inspiration Lady. Sure his voice isn't as strong as it was 20 years ago, but it is still good, and this album is more than worth the money to listen to it.


Fight Like a Girl3. Bombshel - Fight Like A Girl

This is acutally some pretty good country pop for people that like Sugarland, The Dixie Chicks and SheDaisy.

Its a little more country sounding than Lady A, but its fresh and fun and not really so twangy as to annoy.  My best description is Gloriana and SheDaisy only without the guys on vocals. Fresh and young, but not tween sounding. Dose that make any sense at all?
Spirit and Skin

4. Judd Starr - Spirit and Skin
I can list many reasons besides his talent that any red blooded female should take.

Oh mylanta this man is gorgeous and he can sing.

There are so many good songs on this album, What If I'm Fine, Please Penny and Borrow You.  He's another artist with a bit of an 80s vibe. This was truly one of my favorite albums of 2008.


Pandora's Box5. Nu Shooz Orchestra - Pandora's Box

Another album I reviewed at Mossip and a really great one too. A little bit jazz, a little bit chill out and a whole lot of mystery.

This duo has come a long way since their days as a new wave band in the 80s. Pandora's Box is a must listen!

Click on the album covers to get more info on each of my choices!

0 comments: