Wednesday, September 08, 2010

It's time to get off my butt

I'm going to join the YMCA today, much to my chagrin I need structure or I will never be able to get the weight off. My gym closed at the end of June and its been a steady climb up the scale again.

I guess I can find a way to balance the budget and get rid of the bulge.

Insert big sigh here.

I guess sometimes you have to cut back to get what you want, right?

I just wish getting fit wasn't so expensive, but like I said, if I don't have something that has some structure, I just don't do it. I sit on my lazy butt and read or play on the computer. I need incentive to get myself moving.

5 comments:

Bilbo said...

You don't really need the gym membership. Agnes and I tried that, on the theory that if we were paying for the privilege of membership, we'd exercise more. It didn't work, and we canx'd the membership. You'd be just as well off with taking long walks and (hard, as I know), eating less. Good luck.

Janelle said...

Our YMCA has a pool, & swimming is something that's fun to do & is good for pretty much your whole body. Something to think about.

Mike said...

Bilbo's right but I think you have to go through several failed gym memberships before you can move on. It's part of the ritual.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like boot Camp is a likely destination.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Janelle: Mon Valley Y has two pools and a fabulous wellness center.

Mike and Bilbo: I've only once failed at a gym. I was consistent at both Curves and Jack's it was the gyms that deserted me :(