Monday, September 27, 2010

On A Clear Day...

You can see the Meyersdale Wind Farm from the Mill Run Windfarm.

I think I mentioned that already, but I had to share it again, because I still can't get over seeing the turbines in the distance when standing under one in Mill Run.

I actually had to do some research to figure out which other farm I was seeing. There are three in Somerset County (one runs right along the PA turnpike as Bilbo most likely knows). I knew this one couldn't be that one, because the turbines were lined up in a row.

So a Googling I went and discovered the Wind Farm @ Meyersdale in Somerset County, which runs parallel to Rte 381, which is the road that runs through Ohiopyle and goes towards Connellsville.

So Yay for Wind Farms!

And Yay for sleuthing!

And yes, I'm obsessed with Wind Farms

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Are they all just hot air?

Bilbo said...

Yes, we are very familiar with the wind farm along the turnpike in Somerset County. But since I live near Capitol Hill, which is the ultimate wind farm, it just doesn't measure up somehow...

rashbre said...

A massive new wind farm just opened offshore near Kent in UK. Currently its the largest in the world.