Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stink Bugs Make You Crazy

I had every intention of going to the YMCA to exercise after work today, until my dad had to go on the "Great Stink Bug Removal."

Sweet bejeebus! You would think we had an infestation of these ugly critters, but from what I've heard the few that we have sneaking in our house are nothing! But lordy, he's tossing them out windows, flushing them down the toilet! You name it! He's doing it! Anything to get rid of the dreaded STINK BUGS!

Better stink bugs than bed bugs, I'm thinking.

But back to my story. I was just getting ready to leave...but a storm was coming through, and my mom thinks she hears my dad say, "There's something on the door down there." Down there being my grams/my house.

So I grab a pair of sandals and nearly get blown to the other end of town to find NOTHING on the door!

Why?

Because what my father said was "There's a stink bug on the door!"

After he gets all twitchy about the bugs I tell him if he really wants to see stink bugs, he should come upstairs, as that's where the screens are, and there are scads of the ugly little Mofos.

Big mistake!

He set out to rid the upstairs of every stink bug.

I think he needs a 12 step program.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I now know all about stink bugs and the problem the NORTHEAST is having with them. Whewww.

Deirdre said...

Zoiks. I do not have favor for bugs.