Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sarah Palin Scares Me

I know I've mentioned this before, but every day I get more fearful that she will be the Republican nominee in 2012 and that she'll win.

This woman's picture is in the dictionary next to the word wingnut, and yet she has legions of followers.

I realize we're all dissatisfied with the government, but lordy, why do the people that the country at large chooses to follow blindly have to be INSANE! I won't even go on about Glen Beck. I might have an aneurysm.

Are there any politicians out there that actually care about the constituants. Do any of them actually care about the working poor. I know that's where I fall, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I do what I have to do to survive.

I'm so sick of seeing the ads bitching about the bank bailouts. I wonder how we'd all feel if the banks didn't get bailed out? Or GM. What if all those banks failed? Or GM went belly up? Yet people like Palin will blame the current administration for doing what they thought was right at the time. You know, preventing a total economic disaster.

And because most of the country is uninformed, they nod and blindly follow her, forgetting what happened to cause the bailout.

Oye.

And when they all start preaching moral values I get sick to my stomach. Excuse me Mama Grizzly, maybe take a look at your own before you take a stab at the rest of the world.

6 comments:

Mike said...

You forgot to mention her crazy husband that want Alaska to suceed form the Union.

Malcolm said...

I hope Palin wins the GOP nom because I think she will get trounced by Obama. Personally, I don't think she's going to run. If she does, she's going to have to deal with the so-called lamestream media. She can't just go on Fox or her Facebook/Twitter accounts and spout right-wing rhetoric. She would also have to debate President Obama and I think she knows she's not up to the challenge.

The Palin followers are quite a bunch because they will find a way to explain away all of her shortcomings. I debate with them on occasion, but they aren't interested in hearing the facts. When backed into a corner trying to defend Palin, they often fall back on the tired tricks of changing the subject or using projection. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Bilbo said...

Sit down, take a few deep breaths, and have a nice gin and tonic. It works for me...even as regards Ms Palin and the rest of the right brigade.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I like Sarah, but think she will be a media presenter.

Anyway, since I'm in Britain, I can't vote!

Mike said...

I can spell gooder than that, reelly.

Anonymous said...

I swear I didn't see this before posting today...really....