Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why Cell Phone Plans Piss Me Off

I've been with Verizon Wireless for years. I love the service and I've never had any problems with them, so why the rant?

They have a new calling plan; Friends And Family, much like you see with other providers. This got me all excited. I hardly use my phone to call more than 10 people. That would be perfect for me.

Then I checked the rates.

If I took the basic plan which keeps me at my level of minutes 450 with my ten people, I lose my texting. I don't text much but I hate to pay for it, because inevitable people will randomly send me shit through my phone and I like to have that service included in my plan.

If I want unlimited texting with this plan my bill goes up to $59.99 and that's before freaking taxes.

ARGH!

That pisses me off.

I have to do more research to see if I can add on a certain amount of text messages per month, like I have now. If I can do that, I'll be switching, if not, I'll be grumbling.

Stupid cell phones and their stupid plans.

Oh and damn it, why do I suddenly want one of those blackberry phones? I don't even use the internet on my phone!

0 comments: