Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcoming In 2009

My friend Jennifer and my family helped me usher in the new year last night. Jen made the most nommy Buffalo Chicken dip. If anyone wants the recipe I will post it for you. I have to say its truly delish as Rachel Ray would say. Its excellent with Triskets and celery. Its really good with beer too!

We watched Mamma Mia before 11 when we started to jump back and forth between the countdown shows. After welcoming in 2009, and telling 2008 to get the hell out of our lives we watched Across The Universe, or at least as much of it as we could before the effects of two Smirnoff's and a beer would allow us. I think I watched about 45 minutes of it, before I was snoring away in the recliner, where I slept, much to the chagrin of my back, for the night.

It was a most enjoyable evening. This morning I let Jen loose on my mp3 collection so she could burn a few discs to take home with her.

It was nice to have company that wasn't family with us this year. It helped make the evening a lot nicer and kept away sad thoughts of those that have gone and can't be with us.

Again I wish all of you a safe, healthy and happy New Year. Heck, maybe even prosperous, if that's at all possible right now!

0 comments: