Saturday, January 03, 2009

I'm A Nervous Wreck

I have to get blood work done today. I've been putting it off as long as I could. I have a followup with my doctor and will be getting my girlie exam (shudders) on Thursday, so today's it.

Why am I nervous?

Getting blood work done scares the crap out of me.

Heck, having my blood pressure taken kinda freaks me out.

I'm very squeamish, always have been. The last time any blood was sucked from my arm was before I started college in 1992 and we won't discuss the fact that the person taking the blood wanted me dead because I was so scared she could barely get it from me.

The sad part is they are just doing a routine check for cholesterol, thyroid and diabetes, because these three things run in my family.

But I'm letting it all get to me, and I know in an hour or so I have to have it done.

I openly admit to being a chicken. I hate going to all doctor's, yet in the last 6 months I've been scared there was something horribly wrong with me. You know, besides the usual neurosis! It doesn't help matters that I've had a few small issues in this time too.

Oye!

I hope I get through all of this quickly and relatively painlessly.

0 comments: