Saturday, April 15, 2006

Unsure

I just downloaded this CD



David Gilmour's On This Island.

I haven't figured out how I feel about it yet. I guess that's because I have such a love/hate relationship with Pink Floyd. For the most part, Floyd is just a trifle too weird for me. Though I admit to loving A Momentary Lapse of Reason



and a few other tracks from that era. I think perhaps I liked those because they sounded Moody-ish.

So I decided to snag a copy of David's new CD because he has a pleasing voice, and well I was feeling like a sheep. He's David Gilmour, this disc has to be brilliant. Right? Erm.

So far I've listened to 2 of 10 songs and I'm not impressed, I'm not excited, nor am I baffled by weirdness. What am I? Bored.

This Heaven and Where We Start are trying to send me back to bed for the day. I have to say I'm glad I just sampled this album, because for me it isn't worth 20 dollars. I'm not sure it was even worth the time it took to download it. But I'm going to give it a full listen before I send it to the recycle bin, because there may be at least one gem hidden on it.

0 comments: