Saturday, April 15, 2006

It Just Doesn't Seem Right

This Holy Week is off kilter for me. I didn't get to any services at all, through some fault of mine and some fault of the wacko situation of my family. There's a Byzantine church about 3 blocks from my home and usually on Holy Thursday I go sit in the church for awhile. I didn't get to do that.

One of our former priests has a parish in Avella, PA and on Good Friday we'd go with another family to night prayers. This year, the older son has a girlfriend, and my parents weren't up to being out late so at home we stayed.

I don't quite feel like it's about to be Easter. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow after I've been to church. I used to be much better about going to church. I was much better at doing a lot of things, but I've become a bit lazy.

I think it's time for a change. It's a time for new life and things to come into bloom. I think I'm going to bloom this year too.

0 comments: