Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



1. Only about a month until the Gary Puckett concert in Hersheypark! I'm not a huge Gary Puckett fan, but my sister is, so we're going to make the jaunt. Plus, her son Michael and I really want to go to Hersheypark and Hershey Gardens.

2. I have more vistors guides in my house. My nephew was in Harrisburg and for some reason he brought me the Pittsburgh guide. I think he was trying to tell me something. Now if he would only pay for gas.

3. Just when I think I've got the worrying under control, something else happens and I can't force the thoughts from my mind.

4. They are replacing the water lines or something of that nature in front of my house this week. This means I can't park in front of my house from 7:30 - 5:00. Sadly my work hours are 8-4 and I only have a 7 minute drive to work. ARGH!

5. I'm losing all interest in Curves. This is so not a good thing, because if I just come home from work, I'm apt to plop myself down at the computer for the rest of the evening.

6. I forgot to order photos from the Palace Of Gold when I made my last order from snapfish.

7. It dawned on me this past Sunday that I really just like the Islander Buffet at Wheeling Island. Gambling doesn't really do it for me. (I always lose) Though I have to say there is something appealling about the whirring sound of the slot machines.

8. I have a coupon for a free appetizer at a local restaurant, but it isn't good on Friday or Saturday, the two days when I'm most likely to go out to eat. Grrr.

9. My body has a nasty habit of waking up a half hour before the alarm and then since I know what time it is, I can't catch that last half hour of sleep during the week.

10. I won't be able to sleep in on Sunday this week, because I'm a lector at the 8 a.m. mass this week. Come to think of it, I'm the lector next Sunday at 8 a.m. too. ARGH! No sleepy for me!

11. The concert season that's fast approaching sucks. Pittsburgh is getting nothing worth seeing and the dates when the other artists that I love are playing that are within driving distance seem to be on days when I can't go.

12. Very soon I'm going to have to go through all the stuff I've got from those vistor's centers and decide what weekend trips I want to make. I can't make too many, as I doubt I'll be able to afford gas and a rental car very soon. I do hope I get to make the trip to Jersey in Sept. I've got the weekend after Labor Day flagged on my calender.

13. No matter how hard I try to keep The Moody Blues out of my mind, I can't. And curiosity did kill the cat. I found out that Justin Hayward's wife Mariemutt (the ugliest woman on the planet) briefly dated George Harrison. Now I have one more reason to hate her. OK, feel nauseaous when her name is mentioned.

0 comments: