Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sleep Alludes Me

I need one good night of at least 8 blissful hours of sleep. I don't know why I can't seem to get it at least on the weekends, but no. It's impossible.

I'm by nature a night person. I can't go to bed earlier than 10 o'clock unless I'm sick. Unfortunately last fall my body was forced into waking up at 5:30 a.m. and for some strange sick reason, it's never been able to get off that schedule. If I wanted to get those blasted 8 hours I'd have to be in bed by 9:30. I don't think that's going to happen.

Why?

Every tv show that I really like comes on between 9 and 10.

CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds.

All in the 9-11 time frame.

Mind you I'm addicted to any of the shows, but if I start watching one, chances are I'm not going to go to bed in the middle of it.

Which leads me to my problem of being completely drained after work. At 4 o'clock I drag my butt to Curves and try to go around 4 times, because I don't want my butt to grow larger than it already is. After I get home, I'm so tired I don't want to do anything except stare mindlessly at a computer or tv screen. But I can't go to sleep. If that makes sense.

Too drained to do anything I need to do, but not tired enough to go to bed for the night. That's wrong on so many different levels. Now will someone try to push me off to bed at 9 o'clock tonight?

0 comments: