Sunday, April 23, 2006

Construction Season Has Begun

Ah yes, the cones and barrels were out today. Interstate 70 was a sea of orange and white from Washington to the WV line, or so it seemed. And with that sea of orange and white comes the one sign that I hate the most: "Use both lanes to merge point"

ARGH

No. No. No.

Essentially what this sign is telling people is to pass anyone that had the good sense to get into the lane that is open and cut into that lane at the last possible minute, causing traffic to slow down to a crawl and me to add at least 5 "fuckers" to my trip.

And let me tell you I got my 10 in today. For the most part that word only pops up in my vocabulary at times of extreme frustration (read: driving) or when I feel the need to be silly. Recall the intercourse the penguin skit from Monty Python.

That said, I'm so looking forward to a not so blissful construction season. Let's see how much I can sound like a drunken fishwife by Labor Day.

0 comments: