Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



13 Things That Keep Me Sane

1. Books - Nothing like a little fantasy to help me escape the drudgery of life.

2. Music - Sometimes even the worst music keeps me from dying of boredom or killing someone or going off the deep end. Of course sometimes, songs like Mistletoe and Wine can be the cause of me going off the deep end.

3. Long Drives - I was always a little happier when I had a longer drive too and from work. I don't know why, except that it gave me time to wind down after work was over.

4. Road Trips - The possiblity of taking off for parts unknown and known can give me the strength to soldier on. Only 2 months until the Gary Puckett concert!!!

5. Eye Candy - When all else fails look at something pretty.

Like this



6. My pets - The beauty of animals is the unconditional love that they give. They are far more loyal than any person I've ever met.

7. My family - Funny, these people are a double edged sword. They can help keep me sane all the while making me insane. That takes talent, I tell you!

8. A good movie - When time and my short attention span permits, a good movie can relax me into sanity. Funny thing is this, one of my favorite films is nearly 3 hours long; Van Helsing.

9. Shopping - Spending money is good for the soul I tell you.

10. Meditation/Prayer - Quiet time communing with the higher power takes away stress.

11. Writing - I don't do this very often anymore. I can get lost in telling a story when the mood strikes me. Sadly I've burned myself out and right now, my creative bursts are few and far between.

12. Naps - A litle shut eye can always make life better.

13. Monkee episodes - I don't have nearly enough of them either. One day I'll buy the DVD box sets. Of course, then I may just have too much joy in my life, and that's not allowed to happen.

0 comments: