Monday, March 06, 2006

Susan Aglukark

I discovered the song Never Be The Same this weekend. So yes, there's another disc to add to my growing list of CDs that I have to buy.

This song definitely falls under that ethereal/chill out category, which I've been more than a little bit in the mood for.

I have a growing list of female vocalists that I like these days, a far cry from where it was last year. I have noticed one thing about the woman that I listen to, they all have strong voices and none of them go for that "little girl" type image.

I can do without the Lisa Loeb's of the world, though I do enjoy a few of her songs. But it's that general sound that puts me off most female singers.

Susan's voice isn't like that. It's light at least in this song and it's the kind that can lull you into a deep sleep. Never Be The Same is a song like Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep, a song that I can listen to again and again and still feel some strange emotion. I'm not sure what the emotion is, but these to songs move me.

I definitely plan on checking out more of Susan's stuff in the very near future.

0 comments: