Monday, March 20, 2006

Fan Clubs

In my nearly 32 years on this lovely planet of ours, I've only belonged to two fanclubs. I belonged to EIS for Erasure, still do, considering its a free service these days, and I subscribed to the Monkee Business fanzine back in the 80's.

I'm very seldom tempted into joining a fanclub.

I am now.

Who is getting my undying devotion and possibly twenty dollars, you ask?

Peter Noone.

Why?

Well, as opposed to some moodier bands, when I shell out the 20 dollars, I get things, rather than access to a website filled with nasty wanker fans that should be put to sleep or turned into cracker meal. Oh, that sounded nasty.

Anyway, with the Peter Noone fanclub. I get a welcome message from Peter. (Awwwww!) An autographed picture. (You can never have too many pictures, right) A 10% discount on merchandise at the store. And there were a few other things too.

Needless to say, I'm considering giving Peter's fanclub some of my cash. The Moody Blues won't get a dime from me. I have no desire to have access to a fan community that has a miniscule amount of nice fans.

0 comments: