Sunday, March 19, 2006

40 Years

I never realized it but there are so many bands and albums celebrating 40 years this year. (That sounds weird)

As for the bands...Happy 40 goes to:

The Moody lunkheads...erm The Moody Blues.

The Monkees

God that makes me feel old. I wasn't around to see either band in their hey day, but I did live through the 80's revival that brought so many bands from the 60's back into the music scene again, and that was 20 years ago!

Both bands are planning wonderful things for this year. Guess which one I care about and which one I don't give a rats backside about?

Ah, maybe I'll finally get to watch all the Monkees episodes again. I really wish I could get the chance to see one of Davy's shows, but he doesn't seem to want to play anywhere near me. Grrr.

On another note, how many times do you think that record companies can repackage and remaster any given artists back catalogs? And how many times will the consumer actually buy them?

0 comments: