Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Can You Ever Say I Love You Enough?

Tonight while I was visiting my gram at the hospital I started to wonder if you could ever tell someone that you love them enough. I've had my gram all my life. She's the only grandparent I ever knew, all the others had passed on before I was born.

Since yesterday I've been feeling very guilty about not being the best grandchild I could be. I could visit more. I could do more.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've spent so much time living my life, which isn't necessarily the most exciting, that I don't always stop to spend time with her. And now I have to wonder how much longer I'll have her.

She's always been there to bail me out when I needed. She paid for the college education that I've yet to use, as I sit wasting my life in a half-assed secretarial job. (So I can be close to home for her and my parents) She's helped pay for my cars (not that any of them are new)

I only hope that she knows how much I love her and how scared I am right now that I'm going to lose her.

0 comments: