Friday, January 03, 2003

Music Whoring Again

Before I update my vampire story for your enjoyment, I feel the need to discuss music... I now have a new website that I have to visit, thanks to Java's latest entry in her diary... The website is called The Art of the Mix.

For any of you that make mix tapes..you have to understand the time effort and pure love..that goes into making these tapes...My Elfman Compilations took a year of my life. They are now perfect...and I adore them...I've received a few Costello Mix Tapes..which were done beautifully, especially since the one has a theme to it....

I used to make tons of tapes that had themes...but for some reason it's not as easy when it comes to cd..It's horrible I tend to listen to more of the same artist now when I'm driving...Essentially what I'm saying is...I'm overdosing on Costello...Elfman...Erasure..I have made a lovely mix though of some new-ish dance pop music..essentially because I'm in love with the new Erasure b-side Tell It to Me. This is the first song I've fallen in love with so much that I could actually listen to over and over again....and again...ok..well that and Elvis Costello's St. Stephen's Day Murders..That is the best damn holiday song I've ever heard in my life!!

I think I'd like to do a bitter and jaded Costello mix...for the fact that I'm falling in love with the song When I Was Cruel #1. That man has a way with words like no other. I hold to my point that there is a Costello song for every mood..as I find there is an Elfman song as well..and that's kind of odd...since Mr. Costello's catalog is far more extensive....

Now if only I could get around to making another cd or two of my own...but I have those many concert cds I have to burn this weekend...the plus is...four of the 24 are done!! woo hoo!! or as The Gimpster would say.... Wootness...

Wish me luck oh dear readers..wish me luck

0 comments: