Friday, January 10, 2003

The wandering mind of a Proopslut..and a Mac-Manluster

Ah...I'm so out of it..that I have take a breather from writing for a day or so. It's becoming to mechanical...so I'm taking the next day or so off of writing...Simply cos I can't open the darn works documents without heaving a huge sigh...It just feels like I have to write something...so the fun has gone from it...meaning..I need a break

So what I'm doing now..is relaxing and listening to my many many cds...so I can clear my mind...and actually be able to write in one or both of the stories on Sunday.

What my mind has been wandering too lately is mix cds..Ever since discovering that art of the mix site I've been wanting to come up with some new cds...With all the music I have you would think that it would be so easy...but NOOOOOO! I can never decide what I want to listen to.

David Bowie has actually been in the running for most likely to have his own mix cd..That's partially because I really want to watch my damn dvd..but the dvd player has given up the ghost...at least partially...and won't let me play that stupid dvd. I really love the song from Underground..and anything from Black Tie White Noise right now...is just wonderful in my book...

The other person who has crept into my cd player is Paul McCartney. I got a few demo boots of his...for the album Tug of War and Press to Play...When Tug of War first came out..in the early 80's I adored the song Ballroom Dancing...it's so silly..and I have to say it still amuses me...as does the song Press from the obvious album..

Also as usual I have desires to do Elvis Costello compilations...and I really need to get the song Party Girl out of my head! That happens with me though..I'll get a song in my head..and it just won't go away..Party Girl has stuck since it was played on most of the 2nd leg of the tour...That and it has some kick ass lyrics...

Here's a sampling...

Oh you'll never be the guilty party girl
Maybe someday we can go hiding from this world
Maybe I'll never get over the change in style
But I don't want to lock you up and say you're mine
Don't want to lose you or say goodbye
I'm the guilty party and I want my slice
But I know you've got me and I'm in a grip-like vise.

Oh dammit..I think my mind just got away..I'll return as soon as I find it

0 comments: