Saturday, January 25, 2003

Went to see Chicago, at long last

Yes I've finally seen the film that everyone is raving about. I have to say they have good reason. It's probably the best film adapation of a musical that I've ever seen, and I've seen lots of them. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Richard Gere steal the film. It really makes you want to become a part of that time period.

Renee Zellweger (or however you spell her name) is another story. I didn't watch the Golden Globes, but I only hope she didn't win any awards for her horrible acting. I thought she was truly vile, especially at the beginning when she's sobbing you bastard to Freddie the lover that she murdered.

I wasn't paying very close attention to the names of the other actors and actresses in the film, but I have to say, the fellow that played Amos also did a fantastic job and his one solo number was just incredible.

So if any of you are thinking of seeing this, I definitely say go. It's well worth the price of a movie ticket.

0 comments: